Self motivated programmer with a love for technology, seeking mid to senior level software development position. Formally trained hardware engineer with over ten (10) years of hands-on troubleshooting experience. Uniquely qualified with both the skills required to develop high quality products and experience of working directly with customers to provide solutions to their unique needs and issues.
Senior Programmer, Jacklighter Inc; Orange, CA — 2012 – 2014
Provider of GPS and task management solutions targeting a range of industries
Genius, Apple Inc; Brea, CA — Sep 2006 – Aug 2012
One of the world's largest consumer electronics manufacturers
- Explain complex technical concepts to customers in easy to understand terms.
- Troubleshot and solved issues with iPhones, Macs, and iPods.
- Developed and facilitated training of new Genius’ and other store roles.
- Facilitated market-wide training for new employees working on mobile devices.
- Part of a large team where communication and documentations were keys to success.
- Apple Desktop and Portable Technician certified.
System Administrator, TMA Farm Net, Inc; Fullerton, CA — Mar 2002 – Jan 2008
Small newsletter advertising company for real estate agents
- Built and maintained network of twenty Windows workstations.
- Built and managed Linux-based servers for file sharing, backup, firewall and mail.
- Processed customer supplied mailing lists in a variety of formats using Perl.
SlideTop — 2014
Beautiful slideshows on your desktop
- Responsible for original concept, design, and implementation.
- Written in Objective-C using Cocoa.
- Built with the MVC design pattern.
- Utilizes CoreAnimation for fast, efficient and attractive display.
- Support for OS X Sandboxing.
- Available for OS X 10.7 on the Mac App Store now.
SnapDown — 2013
Alternative interface for the SnapChat service
- Implemented using Twitter's Bootstrap interface framework.
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) to negotiate between front-end services and the back-end worker.
iScavenge — 2009
Data recovery program for iPhones, iPods and iPads
- Allows people who have a lost or stolen iPhone to recover contacts, photos and messages from the backup created by iTunes on their computer.
- Written for Mac OS X 10.6 and above in Objective-C.
- Cocoa app based on the NSDocument to achieve a MVC design.
- Technologies used include Grand Central Dispatch, WebKit, and ImageKit.
- Reads information from SQLite databases and saves into vCard, HTML, and JPEG.
- Actively developed for over 4 years, supporting new versions iOS and iTunes.
- Available at iscavenge.info
Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering
California State University of Long Beach, 2009
- Studies include general purpose and embedded programming, networking, database design, and technical writing.
- Minor in Computer Science.
Apple Certified Mac Technician